Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ruler Case

The value of an engineering ruler is inversely proportional to the number of dents along its edges. One dent on one edge is like Russian roulette, but your chances are twice as bad and the outcome is better. They are made of the same cardboard as the plotter components. I bought this ruler as a get-well present for myself one day. It says GERMANY on it. I got well.


In an informal test on this material with Aleene's tacky glue, Elmer's school glue, yellow wood glue, and cyanoacrylate, Aleene's tacky was the toughest. I didn't test UHU stick or two-part epoxy because of reasons. Aleene's penetrates the fibers a bit and remains flexible, and it's nice to work with.

I know I didn't have a picture of the backside of the drafting
board; here it is.  1.6" clearance for masking tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment