Saturday, June 13, 2015

Drawer Box, Shelf Supports, Card Holder





A little set of finger jointed fir drawers done on commission. 13" w x 2.75" h x 6" d. I made the brass knobs. Joinery is tight, I don't think I could have done better. Finish is alright, I learned a little this time. Not bad though.

Below are some fir shelf supports, made from what was sitting in the firewood pile. Just linseed oil for the finish. Turns out I don't actually need them, so I will sell the set of four for $35 + ship if anyone's interested. The joinery is good but the finish is lacking so they don't get a maker mark. I still think they're nice.



A business card holder done on commission. This took five weeks of engineering and eight hundred sixty eight prototypes. The card angle was optimized for high contrast and a gentle color balance at its operating latitude, compensating for desk height and average humidity.





No comments:

Post a Comment