Monday, May 4, 2015

Bird Deflectors



Birds kept crashing into my windows, so I hung some ornaments inside to try to prevent it. Some websites say birds are fighting their reflection, and that objects must be placed outside to prevent crashes. I ignored this advice, and it has been going well. It went from a collision a week, to two or three that I witnessed in the year since I hung the ornaments.


Upstairs had the same problem, so I made some more for those windows. I've made the better part of 100 triangle things now.


Below, the third throwing sling I've made. This time for a friend.


I am working on a unit origami ball. I wanted it to be lit from the inside, so I made this ring to give the LED's some structure.


Here it is populated and powered:


And an origami fox:


I'm currently working on the drafting machine and some brass drawer pulls for drawer cabinets that my dad makes. On the left is the drawer pull, the right is a side handle for the cabinet carcase.



Above are some of the drawers dad has made with the box joint jig.

2 comments:

  1. Very helpful blog. Thanks for sharing. Know more about Bird flight diverter

    ReplyDelete